The Young Writer

The Young Writer

Saturday 4 July 2015

First Blog Post

After writing for a while I’ve finally decided to do a blog where I’ll share some of my writing so that I can see how far I have grown. I have been for three years now and have one complete book, I am also working on a series of books about a young witch that is given for adoption at infancy just so that his mother could protect him from his evil father. Which I am very excited about and would love to finish writing the first book in the installation—only if I can get past the point of procrastination.

In my course of writing and self-assessment I’ve found it hard to come to like reading what I write, after a while it just seems to bore me and becomes dis-interesting. Which is why I have many great ideas in my head but never written on paper. I know that this is an obstacle that many writers face, not just me alone. So I’ve decided to give myself a challenge to work towards finishing my writing I bought a new book and set myself a challenge. 
 

For every chapter I've read i am to write my own chapter. Now i know this may not work with some writers since they prefer not to read books during writing their own books, but this works for me. and since this is such an interesting book, i just can't stop reading it. I am now halfway through reading and halfway through finishing my writing. Yeppee!

and since this was written by Amanda Hocking a successful writer who self published her very first book and gained a good rep and now a good example for writers to look at publishing their own books rather than waiting for those rejecting letters from agents. I have found that my writing style is a bit different to that which is currently on the market, which is why I am considering self publishing my very first book which I've completed. I will be uploading it soon for you to be able to download and I'll add a short description and a few sample chapters for you to get an idea of what it's about. Here is the cover. 
 

Please subscribe to my mailing list to be the first to know when it's publish.
Thank you.

1 comment: